♥ Mint-Cilantro Chutney --- Hari Chutney ♥



Inspired by Manjula's Kitchen Hari chutney recipe (http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2007/02/04/cilantro-chutney/) ... I have simplified ingredients and added mint.

Note: I make a whole bunch (I double this recipe) the minute I come home from the grocery store with the mint and cilantro to make sure everything is super fresh. For the convenience I need I freeze into thin sheets in sandwich bags which I keep in the fridge and just break of a piece for pakoras, briyani, samosas, vadas, or anything else that I need an accompaniment for .... I also suck on some for a fun savory ice cream :))

Ingredients:

  1. 2 big bunch of chopped Cilantro (green coriander)
  2. 1 bunch of mint, remove stems
  3. 2 green chopped chilies
  4. 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
  5. 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  6. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds

    Method:
    1. Blend cumin and green chilies into a paste.
    2. Add the cilantro and mint, a little at a time, and blend. If needed, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water. The water will help in blending.
    3. Blend well and add more salt, green chilies, or lemon juice to taste.

Suggestions from Manjula...

"Serving Suggestions:
To make a delicious dip for vegetables, chips, or crackers, mix 1 part chutney and 3 parts yogurt.
To make a sandwich spread, mix 1 part chutney and 2 parts cream cheese."